We are proud to present the number one, the UFC champion, who just joined Lympo Athlete NFT pool — Rose Namajunas!
With more than 3 million social media followers and an impressive belt under her waist, she will be the first lady with her face on the Lympo NFTs.
Rose started practicing Taekwondo at the age of 5. She earned her junior black belt at age 9. After that, she went on to practice both karate and jiu-jitsu. While in high school, she started training in kickboxing and mixed martial arts with Duke Roufus at Roufusport, and she was also a senior-year wrestler at Milwaukee High School of the Arts. She began competing in MMA as an amateur in 2010 and the rest is history.
Namajunas’s moniker, “Thug Rose”, was given by friends when she was young because of her intimidating scowl.
I got it (nickname) from my neighborhood friends. When I was little, I was the only white girl, I was smaller than everyone else, and for some reason, I just acted harder than everybody else — just fearless, you know? So they kind of dubbed me that because of the intimidating scowl I always had on my face. That’s what gave me that name.
- UFC Women’s Strawweight Championship
- The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned (Runner-Up)
- 2017 MMA Fighter of the Year
- 2017 UFC Fighter of the Year
- 2017 MMA Female Fighter of the Year
- 2013 MMA Submission of the Year vs. Kathina Catron
- 2013 Women’s MMA Submission of the Year vs. Kathina Catron
- 2015 Women’s MMA Submission of the Year vs. Paige VanZant
- 2017 Women’s MMA Submission of the Year vs. Michelle Waterson
- 2017 Women’s MMA Knockout of the Year vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
- 2013 Women’s MMA Fight of the Year vs. Tecia Torres
- 2019 May Fight of the Month vs. Jéssica Andrade
- 2020 July Fight of the Month vs. Jéssica Andrade
- 2018 ESPY Award for Best Fighter (nominee)
- Kids’ Choice Sports 2018 Award for Biggest Powerhouse (nominee)
- Eighth Annual Real Women Awards — 2017 Woman of the Year
Rose Namajunas NFTs
Lympo Athlete NFT pool #1 edition consists of 5 Athlete cards ranged from common to extremely rare
There is also a one-of-a-kind GOAT type NFT that will be auctioned.
Have any questions?
Head to our Help Desk, join our Discord or Telegram channels. Follow us on Twitter
And make sure to get all of the news delivered right to your inbox — subscribe to our newsletter